Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Journey Begins.




Hello bloggers! My name is Sky Bridges. Some of you may have followed my previous blog or even come here because of a random search. Whichever way it was thank you for reading. This blog is dedicated to a new beginning. I am 22 recently divorced, and recently relocated. I moved to eastern WA with my family to get a fresh start in life and figure out where to go from here.





Some of you may even be reading this because my mom Kai doing her juice fast. Well I am here to tell you that I have officially begun my journey... my 60 or more juice fast. Yesterday was day one. I have already been experiencing the detox side effects. Yesterday i was typing on my computer and all of a sudden I had to lay down to sleep if I didnt want to pass out right there on the computer. I napped for an hour and a half. When I woke up I had a Terrible headache. I had to take ibuprofen because I couldnt stand the pain.


Last night we had meeting and the whole time I just wanted to fall asleep. All I could think about was burgers and BACON. My craving for bacon is so bad that my mom had to forbid one of my brothers for having bacon for a week. It was only day one why was I already having these cravings? Why was my body already experiencing these side effects?


There is only one logical answer. My diet has been so terrible and fed off of such bad foods that its going through withdrawls. Like a druggie trying to clean up I was withdrawing from not having my drug of choice, FOOD. Not just food bad food. It has made me realize that i really need this change. Plus I had to weigh myself yesterday and it was worse then I thought.


I will share my weight after detoxification. I am more determined then ever to complete this journey and make the changes i want and need to change. I will be uploading my videos to youtube in the next few days but I dont feel ready to do that just yet.




Ready, Get Set, GO!!!

2 comments:

  1. GO SKY!!! YEAHHH! I made it a whole 3 days on a juice fast. It felt good, and I should have gone longer but I wasn't diligent about juicing. You're inspiring me to try again!

    I'm rooting for ya!
    ~Lizzz

    PS Your font is super hard to read on my computer... is there any way to do a regular font on here? Maybe?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sky,

    I'm sorry to hear about your divorce, that must be really hard to deal with but a perfect time for new beginnings. I think it's really fantastic your doing this blog. Its really inspiring! I'm trying to lose weight myself after having my second child 6 months ago, I'm exercising two days a week but not following a proper food diet yet so I will be checking in to see how your getting on. I tried this diet a couple years ago with my mom, but I couldn't stand being hungry and having to go to the bathroom all the time but to be fair I didn't really have a need for weight loss at the time or the dedication. So keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete